Manhattanville Carpool Reimbursement
25% Carpool/Vanpool Parking Reimbursement
Qualified carpool groups of three or more Manhattanville full-time faculty and staff are eligible to be reimbursed 25% of their monthly parking expenses for public garages located in the Manhattanville and Morningside area.
Eligibility criteria for carpool members:
- Manhattanville faculty and staff only, full-time, at any pay grade, including union employees, are eligible
- Students are not eligible at this time.
- Columbia University Manhattan residents are not eligible.
- Reimbursements for Columbia's Morningside garages are not permitted at this time.
How it works:
- Faculty and staff need to first form their carpool group. If you need help finding a carpool group, you can find a carpool or list your ride here
- Carpool groups need to designate a primary contact who will receive the 25% discount parking incentive
- Using this form, the primary contact will need to prequalify the group, and provide the names, UNIs and home ZIP codes of the people in the carpool group
- Legitimate carpool groups will be pre-qualified by Environmental Stewardship
- Columbia will reimburse the primary designated individual per each qualified carpool group for 25% of the monthly parking expense
- The primary carpool group member must submit a claim and uploaded and image of their receipt to Environmental Stewardship via the claims form, within 30 days of the qualified parking expense
- Reimbursements will be made for Morningside and Manhattanville area garages only
- The primary carpool group member must become a “vendor” via the process detailed on the Finance website: https://forms.finance.columbia.edu/vendor-request/
- Faculty or staff member will be reimbursed to bank account or via check
- If a car/vanpool group's number of Manhattanville faculty and staff falls below three people, the primary contact must immediately notify the Environmental Stewardship office. Car/vanpool groups will have 8 weeks to find a replacement member to qualify for the incentive
- Periodic meetings will take place to ensure the carpool group is functioning