Please note the following service adjustments have been made due to expected weather conditions:
- Campus closed as of 2:00 p.m. 1/26/15 and all day 1/27/15. Shuttle service is suspended.
GWB/Ft. Lee shuttle service to Parker Plaza
- Last shuttle will depart from Parker Plaza at 5:10 p.m. on 1/26/15.
- Last shuttle will depart from CUMC for Ft. Lee at 5:22 p.m. on 1/26/15.
- Service is suspended 1/27/15.
- Service will terminate at 8:00 p.m. on 1/26/15. The last shuttle will leave Morningside 116N at 8:05 p.m. for CUMC. Further service adjustments may be necessary if the weather intensifies.
- Service is suspended 1/27/15.
Please continue to check back for additional updates regarding Transportation services.
Check the University homepage for information about campus operations.
Please note change to the Metro-North stop on the Intercampus Shuttle:
Due to traffic caused by construction, a temporary stop has been added at the southeast corner of 125th Street and Fifth Avenue during PM hours only.
This stop will allow riders to debus in order to catch departing Metro-North trains during heavy traffic days. Please note that the scheduled stop on Madison Avenue and all existing departure times remain in effect.
- Friday, December 26th, 2014
- Friday, January 2nd , 2015.
A temporary, unmarked shuttle (15-passenger van) is in use for Evening Shuttle service due to repairs that are currently being made to the regular vehicle. Riders requiring ADA assistance should anticipate slight delays in service through December 5. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Effective July 1, 2014 smoking is restricted to 14 locations on the Morningside campus. View a map of designated smoking areas.
All designated places are at least 20 feet from building entrances, but still provide smoking areas near highly trafficked campus locations, with shelter when possible, or along commonly used travel routes.
Smoking urns are located in each area, making it easy to identify the appropriate location and to ensure that cigarettes are disposed of in the proper waste receptacle.
All members of the Columbia community, as well as visitors, are expected to voluntarily comply with the smoking policy.
For information regarding New York State’s smoking cessation program, call 1-866-NY-QUITS.
As of May 7, 2012, the main entrance to the Studebaker building is located on the north side of the building on West 132nd Street for a period of approximately 14 months due to the closure of West 131st Street. The Northbound stop is one block north to the northeast corner of West 132nd and Broadway. There will be no impact on scheduled times.
This shuttle service, which replaces point-to-point vehicular escorts, operates seven days a week from 6:00pm every evening until 4:00am the following morning and utilizes two shuttle buses traveling on different routes, in thirty minute loops across the Morningside and Manhattanville areas.
The Evening Shuttle service is now serving Fairway Marketusing stop #6 on their red route
In an effort to ensure that seats are available for the intended riders of the Fort Lee-GWB Shuttle, an ID and Pass validation process is in place. Ridership is limited to University employees with the following forms of identification:
1. CU Transit Sticker affixed to valid Columbia University ID. CU Transit Stickers are available to University employees and students:
- who work at the Parker Plaza building in Fort Lee. Eligible employees who work at Parker Plaza should contact the Columbia Transportation office at 212-854-3382 or firstname.lastname@example.org to pick up a sticker.
2. Single-Use Shuttle Pass: University employees attending training sessions or other University business at Parker Plaza are entitled to a round-trip shuttle pass. Temporary passes are available by contacting the Columbia Transportation office at 212-854-3382 or email@example.com. If you have an urgent request, you may also call 212-342-0582 during the following hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Get real-time shuttle location and arrival information from any computer or smart phone using TransLoc. Track the Columbia buses in real-time at columbia.transloc.com or download the free TransLoc Transit Visualization app to access information while on the go, including real-time location of all buses and announcements of potential service disruptions.
Effective April 9, 2012: All Intercampus Shuttle buses will be outfitted with a SmartTrack: Passenger Intelligence Rider Count System. This system will allow the Transportation department to capture accurate ridership data for the shuttle in real-time, which will help improve service and ensure that access to the shuttle bus is limited to only the intended ridership.